This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Some of my very favorite meals are those with the simplest ingredients, easiest prep, and brightest flavors. Many times the easiest meals are simply the best. These Western-Style Breakfast Burritos are my newest creation to prove my point. So quick, so simple, and so delicious!
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 oz. ham lean, reduced sodium
- dash black pepper
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas about 70 calories each
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Wash bell pepper and onion; peel onion. Chop bell pepper and onion finely. Chop ham. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk the eggs with the bell pepper, onion and ham. Pour the mixture into the skillet and cook, stirring, until eggs are set to desired firmness, about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and season with black pepper.
- Dividing the egg mixture evenly, place it down the center of each tortilla; top each with 1 tablespoon of salsa.
- Roll up each tortilla burrito style and serve with fresh fruit or berries, if desired.