This recipe for White Wedding Cake Cupcakes is one of the most popular recipes on RecipeGirl.com. These are seriously simple to make – you’ll be shocked! But they turn out the best cupcakes. They’re so good!
This White Wedding Cake Cupcakes recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog, with more photographs and information on the decorator tips that were used and which icing recipe is best (Wedding Cupcake Buttercream) and How to Make Wedding Cupcakes.
This cupcake recipe is a very popular one. They come out perfect every time, and they are great for special occasions!
- One 15.25-ounce box white cake mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans (you'll need approx. 36).
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. Add remaining ingredients and beat with hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill prepared cupcake tins- fill about 3/4 full. Bake about 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.