The secret to these self rising flour pretzels is fat free Greek yogurt. Fat free Greek yogurt is 0 points on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan and is one of the main ingredients in these pretzels. The crazy thing is that you cannot taste the yogurt at all in these pretzels. My favorite yogurt to use is Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt.
This greek yogurt pretzels recipe uses self rising flour which you can buy pre-made or make yourself. I share an easy self rising flour recipe here. This allows you to make these pretzels with no yeast and not having to wait for the dough to rise.
To make 2 homemade pretzels, combine 1/2 cup of self rising flour and 1/2 cup of Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt in a bowl until a dough starts to form. If you just want to make 4 pretzels, just double the ingredients.
Knead the dough on a floured surface and divide into two equal parts. You will want to make sure that the two pieces of dough are of equal weight. This scale really comes in handy.
- 1/2 cup Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup of self rising flour and 1/2 cup of Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt in a bowl until a dough starts to form.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface and divide into two equal parts.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 12-14 inch rope.
- Form into a pretzel shape.
- Beat an egg and brush it over the pretzels and sprinkle on coarse sea salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes and 550 degrees for 2 minutes.