Chocolate Delight is a layered pudding dessert that looks impressive and tastes amazing, but is so easy to whip up! It's made with a pecan cookie crust that's topped with layers of cheesecake filling, pudding, and Cool Whip. This chocolate layered dessert is perfect for all of the chocolate lovers in your life!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
FOR THE FIRST LAYER:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature for easier mixing
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup confectioners' powdered sugar
FOR THE SECOND LAYER:
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) package chocolate instant pudding
FOR THE TOP:
- remainder of Cool Whip
- Optional: grated chocolate sprinkled over the top
- Crust layer: Mix flour, butter and pecans and press into the bottom of a 9 X 13-inch dish or pan. Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For the bottom layer over crust, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup Cool Whip. This is easiest to mix with an electric mixer. Spread over crust. Chill each layer for about 20 minutes in the freezer before adding the next to give everything a chance to firm up.
- For the second layer, mix together puddings and milk. Mix according to package directions. Spread over cream cheese layer. You can chill for another 20 minutes in the freezer to make spreading the Cool Whip easier.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with grated chocolate, if desired. Let the dessert chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.