Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup - Tender chunks of chicken in a rich homemade chicken broth with big hearty veggies. Homemade Instant Pot chicken noodle soup from scratch in less than an hour.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces of extra wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup of minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 5 carrots peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 8 cups of water
- 2 celery sticks sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 whole 5 pound chicken giblets removed and discarded
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Set Instant Pot to Saute function.
- Heat olive oil and onions until onions start to soften and become translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots and celery and saute for another minute.
- Add whole chicken to Instant Pot, followed by water, soy sauce, 2 teaspoon of salt and several turns of freshly ground pepper.
- Turn off Saute function, lock Instant Pot lid in place, make sure pressure valve is set to sealing and set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 20 minutes, via manual mode.
- Instant Pot will take 15-20 minutes to come to pressure, then will countdown from 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes at high pressure, Instant Pot will beep and switch to keep warm mode.
- Turn pressure release valve to Quick Release pressure.
- Carefully open Instant Pot, keeping lid angled away from you to avoid very hot steam.
- Remove whole chicken and set aside to shred.
- Turn Instant Pot back to Saute function and let chicken broth come to a boil.
- Stir in egg noddles and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, shred chicken into bite sized pieces discarding bones and skin.
- Once noodles are cooked, stir in chicken meat and fresh parsley.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.