These individual no-bake low carb blackberry cheesecakes are sugar free, gluten free, and keto friendly!
As you may have noticed I'm not a BIG dessert kind of girl. To clarify, I like desserts, but I don't go in for big pies and cakes very often that serve 8-12. The main reason for this it is usually just my husband and I in the house, and if there is a delicious dessert sitting around in the fridge I want it to get eaten. By me. Then the portion sizes start to increase, and the carb count goes off the scale.
This recipe comes in two stages. Stage one is in two parts. In a small bowl, whisk heavy cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Cover and place in the fridge.
Then make a blackberry syrup in a small saucepan from fresh blackberries, low carb sweetener (I used Lakanto – get 20% off if you use coupon code SAFTC!), and a little water.
for the cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
for the syrup
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tbs Lakanto, or preferred sweetener
- 1 tbs water
for the base
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, melted
for the topping
- ¼ cup Lakanto
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Whisk together the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form, then cover and place in the fridge.
- In a small saucepan, make the syrup by adding the blackberries, water and tablespoon of sweetener. Cook on a low heat and push down the fruit with a spoon to release the juice. After 10 minutes, press the mixture through a fine sieve, discard the pulp, and let the syrup cool.
- Mix together the almond flour and melted butter, then divide evenly between four small bowls or ramekins.
- In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, blackberry syrup and ¼ cup of sweetener together until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Divide the topping between the four bowls, cover, and keep in the fridge until required.