This low carb taco salad is a wonderful way to enjoy your favorite Mexican flavors with a fraction of the carbohydrates! Gluten free and keto friendly recipe.
Mexican food can often feel heavy and filling – which is great if you want some comfort food on a cold day. But if you want to enjoy the same flavors in a lighter dish, this salad is perfect for you!
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ cup low carb salsa
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 oz shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (eg Mexican blend)
- 1 avocado, diced
- fresh cilantro leaves and sliced jalapenos, to garnish
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and place over a medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned all over, breaking it up as it cooks.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the base of the salad with shredded lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Drain any excess liquid from the cooked meat, then add the oregano, cumin, paprika, and low carb salsa.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the beef over the salad. Add the shredded cheese over the beef, then garnish with the avocado, together with the cilantro and sliced jalapenos.