Brownies are one of my go-to desserts and this recipe for mint brownies is a family favorite. The brownies are the perfect balance between cake and fudge and have a fantastic chocolate flavor. The combination of cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips is perfect.
And the frosting! You have to layer on both frosting recipes for these brownies. The smooth, minty frosting topped with decadent chocolate frosting is completely delicious.
Best Mint Brownie Recipe made easy & baked to fudgy, chocolate perfection! The double layer of mint & chocolate frosting is incredible. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day dessert!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Mint Icing ingredients:
- 3 TBSP butter melted
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
Easy Chocolate Frosting ingredient:
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- To make Homemade Brownie Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in flour, salt and mini chocolate chips, stirring until flour is well incorporated.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until brownies are set. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before frosting.
- To make Mint frosting: Combine all ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Pour over cooled brownies. Gently spread frosting over the entire surface of brownies. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before topping with the chocolate frosting.
- To make Chocolate frosting: Combine butter, chocolate chips and milk in a bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds. Add powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. Pour frosting over cooled brownies, on top of the mint frosting. Let fully cool to set.