Chocolate Cherry Brownie Bites are every bit as delicious as they sound! I absolutely love the chocolate/cherry flavor combination and I also love super easy treats that can be made quickly. You could definitely use your favorite homemade brownie recipe for this if you want, but you can also choose to simplify things and use a mix – either way, this recipe will taste delicious.
I also have really come to love making bite-sized treats – not only are they super cute and easy to serve (anyone else dislike trying to cut brownies out of a pan and make them look presentable?!), but they are perfectly sized at just the right serving size. It’s very easy to control your portion size when your dessert is pre-portioned. Unless of course, you eat 6 of them like some people I know!
Chocolate Cherry Brownie Bites are mini brownies filled with chocolate chips, maraschino cherries and then topped with a cherry flavored cream cheese frosting!
- 1 box brownie mix 9X13 size
- eggs according to package directions
- water according to package directions
- oil according to package directions - I used coconut oil!
- 1 - 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries drained (reserve juice for frosting)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp butter softened to room temperature
- 3 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp reserved maraschino cherry juice
- Mix brownie mix according to package directions with the required oil, eggs and water. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the batter into a well-greased mini muffin pan. (I usually can make about 30 so you may need to fill a little bit of a second pan.)
- Bake brownie bites at 350° for about 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Immediately after removing the brownie bites from the oven, press an indention into each one, using the back of a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon. While the brownies are still warm, place 3 semi-sweet chocolate chips into each center. Let the chocolate chips sit for a few minutes until softened, then gently press a maraschino cherry on top of the melted chocolate in the center.
- Let brownies cool completely and then make the frosting. To make the frosting, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar. Once the mixture is well combined, add the reserved cherry juice and beat until smooth. Frost the brownie bites and enjoy! (I used this Wilton Dessert Decorator for the frosting, but you can just frost them with knife or place the frosting in a Ziplock bag and cut a small opening in one of the bottom corners to squeeze the frosting out of.)