This Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cheesecake is the end all and be all of chocolate and peanut butter! With a thick brownie bottom, luscious peanut butter cheesecake filling, loaded with Reese’s cups, and topped with milk chocolate ganache, this Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cheesecake is the bomb!
For Brownie Layer:
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 box Brownie Mix, Like Betty Crocker Original Supreme w/ Hershey's Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
For Cheesecake Layer:
- 3 8 ounce packages Reduced Fat Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 24 Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Chopped
- 3 Eggs, At room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
For Ganache and Topping:
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 16 Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
To Make the Brownie Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brownie mix, oil, water, and egg.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into the bottom of a well-greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the side comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare cheesecake layer.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, and beat until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla and creamy peanut butter.
- Fold in chopped Reese's cups.
- Pour batter evenly over brownie layer.
- Return to oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Run a knife around the edge, and release the sides of the pan to remove cheesecake.
For the Ganache and Topping:
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter.
- Microwave on high at 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour ganache over cooled cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for ganache to set. Cut and serve.