Texas Style Lasagna is a dish you’ll be making repeatedly for family dinners, potlucks, parties…the list goes on and on.
This is a filling recipe stacked with cheese, beef, and tortilla. It’s a solid meal!
But don’t worry, this homemade dish is as delicious as it is healthy. It is so packed with the tomatoes, avocadoes, and beans you (or your kids) won’t even know you’re eating a ton of vegetables.
- 1 1/2 pounds organic ground beef
- 1 can, 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can, 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can, 4 oz chopped green chilies
- 2 cups 16 oz 4% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 small corn tortillas, torn
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2-3 cups tortilla chips broken into med/large pieces
- Salsa of your choice
- 3 to matoes, diced
- 3 avocados cut into chunks
- In a large skillet brown meat and drain excess fat. Return meat to skillet and add the seasoned salt, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes with sauce, tomato sauce, and chopped green chilies. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine lightly beaten eggs and cottage cheese.
- In a greased 11×7 baking dish layer half of the meat sauce, half of the tortillas, half of the cottage cheese and egg mixture, and half of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before adding tortilla chips, avocado chunks, diced tomato, and salsa.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!